An island or two is not only for large kitchens, smaller ones can also feature it to have more space for prep or eat. If you’re in the middle of considering one in your kitchen, you’re reading the right article. In this page, there will be several kitchen island ideas in purpose to help you inspired. Keep reading this article to find out the ideas!
1. Double Kitchen Islands
Having double kitchen islands means you have two times bigger space of prep and work. Or, you can add some stools around one of the islands and make it an additional eat-in space. By doing so, you get to invite some guests and let them see you prepare the food directly. It can be a way to entertain them.
These double kitchen islands are placed perfectly facing the large windows and under the skylights. It makes you feel to cook in the open while you’re inside. Because of the right placement, you get enough amount of natural light which reduces the use of electricity whenever you have to cook in a broad daylight.
Those kitchen islands themselves are creating an unmatched look with waterfall countertops and customizable Italian cabinets which provide plenty of storage.
- With this kind of kitchen setting, it’s only natural to linger longer there. It’s a dream kitchen!
- It helps to prevent you from eating outside and save some budget meal because who wouldn’t want to cook in this kind of fabulous kitchen atmosphere?
- It’s too grand to have in a limited space and isn’s suitable for all kinds of kitchen style.
- It costs you a lot of money.
2. Stainless Steel Kitchen Island
The kitchen you see in the picture right now holds traditional style which utilizes stainless steel kitchen island in the middle between the eat-in and cabinet areas. Closely seen, this kitchen blends two different materials into one atmosphere; wood and steel.
While steel comes from the island and industrial-grade appliances, wood is seen from the eat-in, white cabinetry, and floors. Yes, it does seem that wood holds more portion than the stainless steel, but that’s indeed the intention. It is because wood absorbs heat very well. It won’t get too hot or too cold.
- Having stainless steel kitchen island make it looks like that of professional’s.
- Steel is easy to clean and since it’s stainless, it guarantees you high durability.
- You have to be extra careful when cooking because steel distributes heat fast and thus gets hot easily.
3. Contemporary Kitchen Island
If you have an open floor plan for your kitchen with an island in it, this one can be of any reference. This contemporary large island comes in a set with a gas range oven.
In almost all white kitchen, a pop of colored island is necessary to get rid of the boredom. Supported by some good light arrangement, the perfect kitchen island is yours to have.
- An open kitchen allows you to interact with people in another part of the room. Therefore, it’s great to have if you invite guests often or if you’re from one big family.
- White is a difficult color to have because you can spot any little dirt easily.
4. Gray Kitchen Island
It is fascinating to see this kitchen set. The kitchen island and cabinet are of the same design and style, and they harmonize each other. A farmhouse type sink presented as a part of the island was handmade out of marble from the 19th century. It gives a unique touch. And the whole look is completed with a wooden floor as well as copper pendants.
- This kitchen gets the perfect placement facing the living room. It eases your access from and to the kitchen.
- They say having wooden floor is like having another child to take care of. It means that you need to put a lot of attention to this matter.
5. Black and White Kitchen Island
You have to agree with this statement: this huge black and white kitchen island is insanely sleek and elegant! It has hidden cabinets at the bottom part that gives extra storage while there are plenty of them already on the back wall.
It is fascinating how both colors have the ability to reflect the surrounding. It affects the space to looks even bigger than it is. Elements of midcentury modern are seen here and there within this kitchen.
- The recessed lightings are off to have a good arrangement.
- It is easy to clean the island and counter tops.
- A necessary rug isn’t seen anywhere where it should be.
6. Large Kitchen Island
Luxury is the best word to describe this grand kitchen. From top to bottom, you can only see high-end appliances here. From the crystal chandelier to the large island with stone top. Not to mention that it has plenty of cabinets surrounding which have the function as storage and display.
- This kitchen has great lighting arrangements. Several recessed lights are installed to support the big chandelier that only focuses on illuminating the island.
- It costs you a fortune, definitely, up to its maintenance budget.
7. Olive Green Kitchen Island
People rarely choose olive green to be the main color inside their kitchen. It is indeed unusual, but look, how stylish it can be now there’s an example.
In the middle of mostly olive green, cabinetry in fresh white brightens up the mood. And all of those stand above the wooden floors in cinnamon color which makes this kitchen come in perfection.
Thoroughly seen, the island in the middle is equipped with casters to make it moveable. The casters help you a lot in arranging the island.
- The bottom part of the island is well designed and perfect to keep the plates, bowls, and other cutleries.
- It needs an extra thorough plan of the lighting installation. Because without it, this mainly olive green kitchen will look gloomy.
In summary, kitchen island ideas revolve around the materials, colors, size, and how many you need in the kitchen. Don’t forget to harmonize it with the other kitchen elements specifically and the whole set generally. Ask for advice from the experts is also necessary. Last but not least, thank you for reading and have a nice day!
– An island or two is not only for large kitchens, smaller ones can also feature it to have more space for prep or eat. If you’re in the middle of considering one in your kitchen, you’re reading the right article. In this page, there will be several kitchen island ideas in purpose to help you inspired. Keep reading this article to find out the ideas!