The kitchen is one of the rooms in your house that is prone to clutter. You surely need to end this perpetual mess as well as accentuating the kitchen. Check out these creative shelving ideas for kitchen that will hold the clutter at bay as well as improving the look of your kitchen.
1. Copper and Wood Shelves
An industrial look can be fantastic. Why don’t you try adding some industrial look to your kitchen? You do not need to refurbish it which may cost an arm and a leg. Adding some piping and wooden shelves will do in a pinch.
The copper industrial pipes support the gray wooden boards that hold platers and any other serving pieces.
Having limited space? Don’t fret! This shelving idea is even your greatest bet when it comes to limited space since the float over the countertop of your kitchen.
- The shelves enable you to grab some plates in no time.
- The pipes are prone to rust.
2. White Shelving Ideas for Kitchen
White shelves will always provide the clean and tidy look to your kitchen. Besides, white is one of the most neutral colors. Therefore, you can install white shelves in any kitchen styles.
These shelves feature some compartments that you can use to store and organize some plates, cups, glasses, and may other serving pieces. The bottom part of the shelves features railing that you can use to store some plates neatly.
- To fill in the awkward space between the shelves and the ceiling, a crown molding is added. However, it will not work well in modern kitchens that tend to use clear-cut furniture.
3. Shelves at The Corner
If you have an awkward space at the corner of your kitchen where you can install any more cabinets, you can make use of it. You can fill in the awkward space as well as accentuate it and create a brilliant storage solution. You can build DIY kitchen shelves.
These DIY shelves are easy to make. You are going to need some shelf brackets to support the boards. Drive some nails to hold the boards firmly. These shelves will conceal the flaws of the corner of your kitchen as well as holding some stuff that you are likely to get in a blink.
- You can either stain or paint the shelves to make it look more appealing. If you are going to stain it, make sure you use gel stain for a better look.
4. Over The Sink Shelves
Installing some shelves over the kitchen sink can be a pretty good idea because you can directly store the dishes that you have just washed neatly. These shelves feature some hooks that you can use to hang some kitchen utensils and glasses so that they will dry faster.
- These shelves are affordable because you can build them by using some leftover and brackets.
- Hanging some shelves over the kitchen sink enables you to store the dishes that you have just washed in a breeze.
- Wet glasses and plates can damage the boards.
5. Elegant Kitchen Shelves
These white shelves complement the all-white kitchen cabinets, countertops, and window trims. The curvy white brackets add the touch of elegance to the kitchen as well as supporting the whiteboards well.
The white shelves also accentuate the blank space on the left and right sides of the windows. They make a pretty good storage space as well as adornment.
- Store your go-to bowls and plates on the lowest compartment so that you can get them easily when you need them.
6. Small and Simple Kitchen Shelves
Some small shelves have always been a great solution for any awkward space. Two shelves hang on the classic subway tiles next to a window. They fill in the space between the windows and provide some space for you to store some plates and bottles that you often use.
The white brackets and boards are subtle. They blend perfectly with the subway tiles and the countertop without overlapping them.
- It would be nice if the shelves were painted the same color as the cabinets.
7. High Rustic Shelves
If you do not have more space to store more kitchen utensils and plates, you can build some shelves which is pretty much easier than building some kitchen cabinets.
These rustic shelves are easy to build and very functional. The bottom part of the shelves features some hooks that you can use to hang some cups. The shelves consist of many compartments that you can use to store more things so that you can keep the clutter at bay.
- More compartments mean more space to store things.
- It will be very hard to reach the pot and cups stored on the highest shelf.
8. Beneath the Ceiling Shelving Idea
This kitchen has an extremely awkward corner. You cannot install a cabinet in it because you will not get an easy access. To make use of this awkward corner, you can build some shelves including the one beneath the ceiling.
The shelf under the ceiling hide the flaws and fill the awkward space. It replaces the function of a crown molding. Besides, it is more functional than a single crown molding.
- The awkward space beneath the ceiling can be more functional.
- It will be hard for you to get anything that you store on that shelf.
9. Stainless Steel Kitchen Shelving Idea
Stainless steel is well-known for its durability and resistance to heat. Therefore, it will be a great idea to use stainless steel for your shelving kitchen idea.
These stainless-steel shelves are fantastic. They are not sophisticated and do not take up a lot of space, but they can hold most of your kitchen utensils and serving pieces.
Some of them even feature some hooks that you can use to hold a spatula, towels, and a toilet paper. Some of them also feature magnet so that you can attach knives and some magnetic spice tins.
- Do not store your knives on the shelf that can be reached by your kids.
These 9 mind-blowing shelving ideas for kitchen are the best solution to the mess that you usually have in your kitchen. They are not only pretty but also functional. Now you can say good bye to the clutter.